The busy first-grade teacher will love these colorful and efficient assessment tasks. Each assessment task is correlated to a specific grade-level standard.
Reading Assessment Tasks—Quick Check Activities makes it easy to assess student skill level and to see where additional practice is needed. Important beginning reading skills are divided into four sections that reflect common organization of standards.
Concepts of Print/Print Awareness :
- Identifies Letters, Words, and Sentences
- Matches Oral Words to Printed Words
- Demonstrates Print Awareness Skills
- Creates and States Rhyming Words
- Discriminates Beginning Sound
- Distinguishes Final Sound
- Discriminates Middle Sound
- Discriminates Between Long and Short Vowel Sounds
- Substitutes Initial Sound
- Blends Phonemes Into Words
- Orally Segments Words Phoneme by Phoneme
- Counts Syllables in Words
- Identifies Short Vowels
- Identifies Initial and Final Consonant Sounds
- Identifies Long Vowel Sounds
- Identifies the Sounds Made by Long Vowel Digraphs
- Discriminates "R-Controlled" Words
- Reads and Identifies Contractions
- Reads Compound Words
- Reads Inflectional Forms and Root Words
- Reads Common Word Families
Vocabulary and Concept Development/Reading Comprehension
- Classifies Categories of Words
- Reads High Frequency Words
Additional Resources include:
- Whole Class and Individual Student Checklists that make assessment results easy to organize and access.
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.