All your students can shine thanks to the flexible casting options provided in Readers’ Theater, Grade 6. To support struggling readers, cast two or more students in each role; the extra support of choral reading can make an important difference for many students.
Refer to the Readers’ Theater Table of Contents to see how you can connect each of the 15 read-aloud scripts to key content from the Grade 6 curriculum.
Some of the scripts included are:
- “Golem”—based on the Jewish folktale about a creature brought to life to protect a
- community from persecution
- “Welcome to Ellis Island”—two young Irish immigrants experience the anxiety of facing
- medical inspectors at Ellis Island
- “Whiz Kid”—Miguel must use his head to win a television game show
- “Romeo and Juliet”—a script based on Shakespeare’s classic tragedy
- “A Trip to Mars”—a scientific expedition to Mars searches for signs of life
- Many more
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.