EMC Number: 3308
Page Count: 144
All your students can shine thanks to the flexible casting options provided in Readers’ Theater, Grade 3. To support struggling readers, cast two or more students in each role; the extra support of choral reading can make an important difference for many students.
Refer to the Readers’ Theater Table of Contents to see how you can connect each of the 15 read-aloud scripts to key content from the Grade 3 curriculum.
Some of the scripts included are:
- “Spider Woman and the Gift of the Loom”—based on a Navajo legend
- “A Wild Day”—a family vacations in a Florida wildlife refuge
- “B. W. Hawkins and the Dinosaur Models”—based on dinosaur discoveries in England in the 1850s
- “The Amazing Laundry Hamper”—this modern adaptation of a Grimm’s tale teaches a lesson in character
- “It Happened at Hull House”—based on Jane Addams’ humanitarian work in the 1890s
- “Davy Crockett: Fact or Legend?”—a television game show looks at the life of an American legend
- and 9 more
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.