All your students can shine thanks to the flexible casting options provided in Readers’ Theater, Grade 2. To support struggling and emergent readers, cast two or more students in each role; the extra support of choral reading can make an important difference for many students.
Refer to the Readers’ Theater Table of Contents to see how you can connect each of the 15 read-aloud scripts to key content from the Grade 2 curriculum.
Some of the scripts included are:
- “John Chapman”—two pioneer children meet Johnny Appleseed
- “Crow’s Potlatch”—a Salish trickster tale to spark a discussion of values
- “Earth’s Seven Continents”—a rhyming script brings Earth to life
- “Febold Feboldson Saves Nebraska from Drought”—a Midwestern tall tale
- “The Statue of Liberty”—this script takes you to Lady Liberty’s unveiling
- “The Foolish Little Hare: A Fable”—India’s version of “Chicken Little”
- and 9 more