EMC Number: 3310i
Page Count: 144
All your students can shine thanks to the flexible casting options provided in Readers’ Theater, Grade 5. To support struggling readers, cast two or more students in each role; the extra support of choral reading can make an important difference for many students.
Refer to the Readers’ Theater Table of Contents to see how you can connect each of the 15 read-aloud scripts to key content from the Grade 5 curriculum.
Some of the scripts included are:
- “Demeter and Persephone”—based on the classic Greek myth
- “SOS Titanic”—a rescue on the high seas based on true events
- “Getting the Scoop on UFOs”—a high school journalist learns a lesson about objective reporting
- “The Montgomery Bus Boycott”—Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Jr., and other historical figures take the stage in this script based on historical events
- “All the Rice in India”—this version of a folktale from India involves students in an intriguing mathematical challenge
- Many more