The busy PreK teacher will love these colorful and efficient assessment tasks. Each assessment task is correlated to a specific grade-level standard.
Math Assessment Tasks—Quick Check Activities makes it easy to assess student skill levels and to see where additional practice is needed. Important beginning math skills are divided into five sections that reflect common organization of standards.
- Recognizes and Names Numbers
- Distinguishes Numerals from Print
- Rote Counts to 20
- Demonstrates an Understanding of "Number"
- Demonstrates One-to-One Correspondence
- Orders Objects
- Joins Sets/Beginning Addition
- Beginning Subtraction/Separating Sets
Statistics, Data Analysis, and Probability
- Sorts Objects
- Extends Patterns
- Creates Patterns
- Creates and Interprets a Pictograph
Measurement and Geometry:
- Recognizes and Names Common Shapes
- Compares, Matches, and Sorts by Shape
- Distinguishes Between In, Under, and Out
- Sorts and Compares Objects as Longer and Shorter
- Uses Nontraditional Measurement to Measure an Object