Here, in one 128-page volume, is everything you need to cultivate children’s natural curiosity in wild animals and dinosaurs and turn it into 30 animal-topic reports.
Step-by-step instructions will help you guide each student in the creation of a report he or she can be proud of.
Student pages consist of:
- a page of science information for each topic
- patterns for report cover
- inside report illustration for each animal topic
Topics are divided into three sections:
- Wild Animals - bat, gorilla, koala, frog, crocodile, killer whale, lion, squirrel, tortoise, crow
- Animal Homes - ant hill, beaver lodge, elf owl nest, squirrel nest, molehill, bird nest, prairie dog town, polar bear den, rabbit warren, trap-door spider tunnel
- Prehistoric Animals - triceratops, woolly mammoth, archaeopteryx, compsognathus, eohippus, protoceratops, saber-toothed tiger, stegosaurus, tyrannosaurus, pteranodon.
Teaching materials cover:
- prewriting, modeling
- preparing materials
- discussion starters
- writing ideas