Motivate your struggling students to READ!
Hot Topics: High-Interest Reading, Set C is a guided reading program for striving readers in grades 4 and up. This intervention resource supports struggling readers through guided instruction, audio read-alouds, and low-readability selections with compelling topics and visuals.
The 20 leveled reading selections present a broad mix of genres and real-world reading formats, including articles, interviews, biographies, folktales, realistic fiction, and more.
Set C targets:
- Grade Level Readability = 3.5–4.5
- Lexile® Score = 600–760
- Reading Level = L–Q
The core classroom kit is the standard kit that gives you everything you need to get started. It includes:
- 20 high-interest reading selections, 6 copies each
- Teacher’s guide (with lesson plans and guided reading strategies)
- 6 student books (with before-, during-, and after-reading activities to accompany each selection)
- Audio CDs with read-alouds
- Sturdy storage box