EMC Number: 737i
Page Count: 112
Sequencing practice, whether picture stories or simple word stories, provides young learners with many important skills. Sequencing provides a wide variety of reproducible cut-and-paste sequencing activities for children from preschool to beginning readers.
The book is divided to the progressively difficult sections:
- real-life sequencing experiences
- three-, four-, and six- part picture stories
- sequencing words into sentences
- sentences into simple stories
Details on each section in the book:
- Beginning Sequencing — teaching ideas for sequencing real-life events, full-page picture cards for sequencing three popular nursery rhymes.
- Picture Stories — reproducible cut-and-paste pages begin with four three-part picture stories and progress to six four-part and 10 six-part stories.
- What Happens Next? — students either cut & paste or draw to show what follows pictured events. (10 pages)
- Make a Sentence — students cut out words and past in order to tell about a picture. Beginning vocabulary; sentence length three-five words. (10 pages)
- Pictures and Words — students cut out sentences with simple-vocabulary (short vowels, common sight vocabulary) and paste them under the correct picture to create a four-part story. (20 pages)
- Sequence Stories — students cut and paste four or six sentences to create a story about a picture. Vocabulary contains short and long vowels and more special words. (13 pages)
- Sequence and Write — students cut and paste three, four, or six pictures in order and them write about the pictures to tell a story. (10 pages).
Complete step-by-step directions and all the patterns you need are included. Fun, instructive illustrations throughout.