Includes a single-classroom perpetual license of the interactive lessons, a teacher's edition, and 20 student editions.
Introduce your third graders to important map-reading skills and content vocabulary as they explore 36 interactive maps that include physical maps, tourist maps, a weather map, and many more!
The 10- to 15-minute daily lessons provide focused activities to build geography literacy. The interactive maps in every lesson allow students to get immediate information on pinpointed locations, which may include fun facts, photos, or a related activity.
- Based on six elements of the 18 National Geography Standards
- Includes 36 interactive maps and over 100 vocabulary words
- Easy to fit into social studies, history, or science curricula
It’s easy to launch a lesson and move through the following screens:
- Introduction of vocabulary words
- Directions to focus students on the lesson and the map locations to be explored.
- View of map with interactive “pins” on locations to be studied. Pop-up windows for each pin will display activities and/or information about that location.
- Two follow-up questions to gauge students’ understanding. Students can answer questions individually or with the whole class.
Plus, each week includes a challenge question for students to complete in small groups or independently on a downloadable PDF of the weekly map.
The 36 weekly units in grade 3 cover topics such as:
- parts of a map, a map scale
- waterways of the United States, a physical map of Minnesota
- Oregon’s forests, a tourist map of California
- the Northeast region of the United States, ten largest cities in Wyoming
- minerals of Alaska, the Lewis and Clark Trail
The Daily Geography Practice
print version has been updated with the most current data available, which includes the most recent census studies, World Almanac
information, and National Geography Standards. The Daily Geography Practice
app includes the most recent information plus additional geography content and activities!