EMC Number: 739i
Page Count: 112
There is something almost magical about a circle of children. When a group is seated in a circle, there is a wonderful feeling of inclusion. Circle time activities help create feelings of togetherness and build a spirit of cooperation.
Circle Time Activities gives you more than 75 motivating activities to teach concepts and skills within the structure of circle time.
This book contains:
- step-by-step illustrated directions
- all the patterns you need
Activity topics and sample activities include:
- classroom calendar (including three pages of reproducible cut-outs)
- weather and seasonal (including five pages of patterns for a "weather bear" with clothing)
- circle time math (sorting, patterning, graphing, shapes)
- oral language (finger plays, rhyming, position words—five pages of patterns)
- phonics games & activities (seven games for active learning),
- thinking activities (eight learning games, including categories and analogies)
- social & emotional development (six activities that help develop a feeling of belonging and a sense of community)
- music & movement
- more circle games (nine fun activities including "spin a creature" and directed drawing)
- There are fun, instructive illustrations throughout.