Interactive Lessons include:
- Teacher’s guide
- Corresponding teacher’s edition e-book
- Detailed correlations
Based on the most commonly misspelled words, the 30 weeks of multi-sensory activities motivate students to learn grade-level spelling words. Interactive lessons supported with audio help students internalize spelling patterns, recognize word parts, and associate meaning with spelling to go beyond surface-level memorization of words.
The audio feature especially supports English language learners and struggling students. By selecting the microphone button, students can hear words read aloud and used in sentences. Students also have the opportunity to record their own voices pronouncing spelling words.
For grade 3, students will learn five spelling words per week in lists 1–14; then eight words per week in lists 15–30 (198 total).
Spelling lists include the following:
- short and long vowel words
- adding s and es
- words with sh, nt, nd
- sounds of ow, ar, aw, oa
- present and past tense words
Practice activities for each unit include the following:
- a spelling list with audio support (Students listen to the words read aloud, record their voices saying the words, and spell the words.
- a configuration puzzle for every spelling list
- word sorting
- word meaning (filling in missing spelling words in sentences)
- exercises to find the misspellings and hidden words
- dictation exercises
Interactive Lessons: $19.99 per year per classroom
This license provides you with interactive lessons for your classroom for one year (renewable annually).
Upgrade to a school site license with 1:1 student licenses!
- Access all grade levels to ensure coherence across grade levels.
- Assign lessons to students or student groups to differentiate instruction.
- Track student progress for formative assessments and test prep.