Motivate children to practice key language and reading skills with interactive theme-based activities. Each of the 12 skill-based categories includes audio reinforcement, two levels of difficulty, and a varying progression of tasks to keep children engaged and challenged.
To maximize learning, every reading or language concept is introduced with delightful graphics, a concise review of the focus skill, and a variety of interactive activities to practice the skill, such as sorting synonym and antonym word pairs, matching parts of speech to words in a sentence, and building words with prefixes.
The fourth grade level covers the following standards-aligned reading and language skills:
- Alphabetical Order (to the fourth or fifth letter)
- Sequencing Using Signal Words
- Word Roots
- Parts of Speech
- Main Idea and Details
- Fact or Opinion?
Additional features include:
- Progress updates: children can see their progress through each of the categories.
- Awards: children can earn a personalized sticker, printable on standard Avery labels, after completing a level.
- Audio reinforcement: amusing sounds correspond to successful completion of tasks or activities to keep children engaged.
- Flexible use: adaptable for whole-class or small-group collaborative learning, as well as for individual enrichment at a classroom computer or at home.
Correlated to state standards and Common Core State Standards