Motivate children to practice key language and reading skills with interactive theme-based activities. Each of the 12 skill-based categories includes audio reinforcement, two levels of difficulty, and a varying progression of tasks to keep children engaged and challenged.
To maximize learning, every reading or language concept is introduced with delightful graphics, a concise review of the focus skill, and a variety of interactive activities to practice the skill, such as matching a digraph to a word ending, building sentences with action phrases, and recognizing fantasy and reality.
The second grade level covers the following standards-aligned reading and language concepts:
- Rhyming Words
- Make Words with Digraphs
- Listen for Long Vowels
- Alphabetical Order
- Parts of a Sentence
- Singular and Plural Nouns
- Fantasy or Reality?
- Predict the Ending
Additional features include:
- Progress updates: children can see their progress through each of the categories.
- Awards: children can earn a personalized sticker, printable on standard Avery labels, after completing a level.
- Audio reinforcement: amusing sounds correspond to successful completion of tasks or activities to keep children engaged.
- Flexible use: adaptable for whole-class or small-group collaborative learning, as well as for individual enrichment at a classroom computer or at home.
Correlated to state standards and Common Core State Standards