Motivate children to practice key language and reading skills with interactive theme-based activities. Each of the 12 skill-based categories includes audio reinforcement, two levels of difficulty, and a varying progression of tasks to keep children engaged and challenged.
Interactive activities include matching rhyming pairs, sorting parts of a sentence, and building compound words. Plus, audio accompanies every activity to support children with word and sound pronunciation and to provide direction.
The first grade level covers the following standards-aligned reading and language concepts:
- Decoding short vowel word families
- Categorizing parts of a sentence
- Identifying rhyming pairs
- Identifying singular and plural nouns
- Counting the number of syllables in a word
- Alphabetizing words to the first letter
- Distinguishing between real and make-believe
- Practicing subject-verb agreement
- Identifying the two words that form a compound word
- Identifying complete sentences
- Sequencing events to make a sensible story
- Choosing a predictable ending to a sentence
Additional features include:
- Progress updates: children can see their progress through each of the categories.
- Awards: children can earn a personalized sticker, printable on standard Avery labels, after completing a level.
- Audio reinforcement: amusing sounds correspond to successful completion of tasks or activities to keep children engaged.
- Flexible use: adaptable for whole-class or small-group collaborative learning, as well as for individual enrichment at a classroom computer or at home.
Correlated to state standards and Common Core State Standards