EMC Number: 2410i
Page Count: 208
All About the Weather is the ultimate resource for teaching children about different types of weather and for practicing important language and math skills that help children make cross-curricular connections. This wonderfully illustrated thematic unit has an easy-to-use format that makes it a must-have!
The five weather themes explored are:
- Different Types of Weather
- Weather Changes Day to Day
- Weather Changes Season to Season
- Weather Helps Us
- We Dress for the Weather
The five sections in this book are overflowing with fun stories and activities such as:
- storybooks: "Wondering About the Weather"; "A Wonderful Week of Weather"; "Changing Seasons"; "Weather Helps Us"; "What Should I Wear?"
- full-color storyboard pieces that make it easy and fun to review concepts while you re-tell the story
- art projects: Weather Mobile; My Weather Book; Let’s Paint BIG Trees; Watch My Flower Grow; We Dress for the Weather
- cooking: Fruit Rainbow; Snowball Cookies; Colorful Leaf Cookies; Vegetable Baskets; Sunshine Bagels
- story comprehension, language, and math activity pages that are engaging and offer essential skills practice
- learning centers: Mitten Match; What Happens First?; Four Seasons of Weather; Weather Helps Us; It’s a Match!
- outdoor: Am I Hot?; Sun, Sun, Rain; Season Relay; Throwing and Growing
- music/dramatic play: Weather Ride; "Weather Rhymes"; "Four Seasons in a Year"; "The Weather Helps the Farmer"; "Sing and Dance as We Dress"
- alphabet cards: charmingly illustrated, full-color, theme-based, upper- and lowercase alphabet cards