EMC Number: 2408i
Page Count: 208
All About the Rainforest is the ultimate resource for teaching children about a rainforest and for practicing important language and math skills that help children make cross-curricular connections. This wonderfully illustrated thematic unit has an easy-to-use format that makes it a must-have!
The five rainforest themes explored are:
- Walk in the Rainforest
- Up into the Rainforest
- Rainforest Plants
- Rainforest Animals
- Rainforest Family
The five sections in this book are overflowing with fun stories and activities such as:
- storybooks: "Walk in the Rainforest"; "Up into the Rainforest"; "Plants, Plants, Plants"; "Rainforest Animals"; "Rainforest Family"
- full-color storyboard pieces that make it easy and fun to review concepts while you re-tell the story
- art projects: Rainforest Rain-Shakers; Rainforest Layers; Rainforest Rubbings; Hummingbird Hideaway; Rainforest Armbands
- cooking: Rainforest Treats; Worms and Dirt; Rainforest Trail Mix; Butterfly Treats; Leafy Wraps
- story comprehension, language, and math activity pages that are engaging and offer essential skills practice
- learning centers: Raindrops; What Lives Here?; Rainforest Puzzles; Animal Memory Match; Butterfly Shapes
- outdoor: Weather Ride; Sleepy Bat; Dancing Trees; Flower, Flower, Honeybee; Leaping Tree Frogs!
- music/dramatic play: "Rainforest Song"; "Here We Go Round the Rainforest Tree"; "Tree, Leaves, and Logs"; "Rainforest Workers"; "Study the Rainforest"
- alphabet cards: charmingly illustrated, full-color, theme-based, upper- and lowercase alphabet cards