All About the Ocean is the ultimate resource for teaching children about the ocean and for practicing important language and math skills that help children make cross-curricular connections. This wonderfully illustrated thematic unit has an easy-to-use format that makes it a must-have!
The five ocean themes explored are:
- The Ocean
- Near the Shore
- In the Deep Ocean
- How We Move on the Ocean
- Taking Care of the Ocean
The five sections in this book are overflowing with fun stories and activities such as:
- storybooks: "Maggie’s Trip to the Ocean"; "1,2,3, What Do You See?"; "I Live In the Ocean"; "Sailing, Sailing"; "Clean It Up!"
- full-color storyboard pieces that make it easy and fun to review concepts while you re-tell the story
- art projects:Crayon Resist Ocean; I Caught a Fish; Ocean Puppets; Make a Sailboat; Clean-Up Crew
- cooking: Salty or Not?; Seven Little Fish in the Blue Ocean; Tuna Triangles; Sailboat Sandwiches; Sand Art Cookie Jars
- story comprehension, language, and math activity pages that are engaging and offer essential skills practice
- learning centers: Sorting Seashells; In the Ocean Match; Ocean Puzzles; How Many Fish Can You Catch?; Clean It Up!
- outdoor: Follow the Sea Creature; Catch the Jellyfish; Swim, Fish, Swim; Stormy Weather
- music/dramatic play: "The Waves at Sea"; "In the Ocean"; "One Hungry Jellyfish"; Let’s Go Sailing; "This Is the Way We Clean the Beach"; and more
- alphabet cards: charmingly illustrated, full-color, theme-based, upper- and lowercase alphabet cards