All About the Farm is the ultimate resource for teaching young children about a farm and for practicing important language and math skills that help children make cross-curricular connections. This wonderfully illustrated thematic unit has an easy-to-use format that makes it a must-have!
The five farm themes explored are:
- Welcome to the Farm!
- People on the Farm
- Animals on the Farm
- Things That Grow on the Farm
- From My Farm to Your House
The five sections in this book are overflowing with fun stories and activities such as:
- storybooks: "Welcome to the Farm!"; "A Busy Day on the Farm"; "Old MacDonald Had a Farm"; "Harvest Time!"; "The Apple's Adventure"
- full-color storyboard pieces that make it easy and fun to review concepts while you re-tell the story
- art projects: Look at Me on the Farm; Feed the Chicken; Little Hen’s Egg; Paint a Harvest; Colorful Apples
- cooking: Haystacks; Farm Breakfast; Chocolate Cow Milkshakes; Fruit Salad; Applesauce
- story comprehension, language, and math activity pages that are engaging and offer essential skills practice
- learning centers: Peekaboo Barn Riddles; Farmer Dress-up Box; Patterning Eggs; Sprouting Seeds; Beanbag Toss
- outdoor: Around the Farm Play Space; The Farmer in the Dell; Farm Animals; Upset the Fruit Basket!; On My Farm
- music/dramatic play: "If I Were a Farmer"; "Down at the Barnyard"; "Animal Sounds Songs"; "Five Little Lambs" Finger Puppets; "Farmer Brown’s Vegetable Garden"
- alphabet cards: charmingly illustrated, full-color, theme-based, upper- and lowercase alphabet cards