All About Plants is the ultimate resource for teaching children about plants and for practicing important language and math skills that help children make cross-curricular connections. This wonderfully illustrated thematic unit has an easy-to-use format that makes it a must-have!
The five plant themes explored are:
- Plants Are Living Things
- Plants Have Parts
- Plants Have Seeds
- Different Kinds of Plants
- How We Use Plants
The five sections in this book are overflowing with fun stories and activities such as:
- storybooks: "Little Ant Learns About Plants"; "Little Ant Learns Plants Have Parts"; "Little Ant Learns About Seeds"; "Little Ant Learns About Different Plants"; "Little Ant Learns How Plants Are Used"
- full-color storyboard pieces that make it easy and fun to review concepts while you re-tell the story
- art projects: Plant Rubbings; Flower Diagram; Seed Patterns; Textured Tree; My Cookbook
- cooking: Fruit and Vegetable Taste Test; Flower Cups; Salty Seeds; Fruity Trail Mix; Apple Muffins
- story comprehension, language, and math activity pages that are engaging and offer essential skills practice
- learning centers: What Plants Need; Plant Puzzles; From Seed to Plant; Sequencing; Draw and Color
- outdoor: Schoolyard Nature Hunt; Calling All Flower Parts; Hide and Seed; Flower, Flower, Bee; Plant Names
- music/dramatic play: "Do You Know How Plants Grow?"; "That’s How You Grow a Plant!"; "I’m a Little Flower"; "10 Little Seeds"; "Falling Apples"
- alphabet cards: charmingly illustrated, full-color, theme-based, upper- and lowercase alphabet cards