EMC Number: 2403i
Page Count: 208
All About My World is the ultimate resource for teaching children about different aspects of their world and for practicing important language and math skills that help children make cross-curricular connections. This wonderfully illustrated thematic unit has an easy-to-use format that makes it a must-have!
The five My World themes explored are:
- All About Me
- All About My Family
- All About My Friends
- All About My Home
- All About My Neighborhood
The five sections in this book are overflowing with fun stories and activities such as:
- storybooks: "Amazing Me!"; "Families Are Special"; "My Friends"; "Hide and Seek"; "My Neighborhood"
- full-color storyboard pieces that make it easy and fun to review concepts while you re-tell the story
- art projects: All About Me; Meet My Family; Friendly Flyers; Just Picture My House!; Spider Headbands
- cooking: Funny Face Sandwiches; Family-Style Vegetable Soup; Friendship Bracelets; Graham Cracker House; Spider Snacks
- story comprehension, language, and math activity pages that are engaging and offer essential skills practice
- learning centers: Using My Senses; Twins in the Family; What Are We Playing?; Everything Has a Place; Good Bug Dominoes; Flies for Lunch
- outdoor: Exercise Makes a Healthy Me; Mother May I?; Watch Us Move; Relay Races; What Time Is It?
- music/dramatic play: "Sing Along Body Song"; "You Are My Family"; Playing House; "Friends Sing-Along" Finger Play; "This Is the Way I…"
- alphabet cards: charmingly illustrated, full-color, theme-based, upper- and lowercase alphabet cards