All About My World is the ultimate resource for teaching children about different aspects of their world and for practicing important language and math skills that help children make cross-curricular connections. This wonderfully illustrated thematic unit has an easy-to-use format that makes it a must-have!
The five My World themes explored are:
- All About Me
- All About My Family
- All About My Friends
- All About My Home
- All About My Neighborhood
The five sections in this book are overflowing with fun stories and activities such as:
- storybooks: "Amazing Me!"; "Families Are Special"; "My Friends"; "Hide and Seek"; "My Neighborhood"
- full-color storyboard pieces that make it easy and fun to review concepts while you re-tell the story
- art projects: All About Me; Meet My Family; Friendly Flyers; Just Picture My House!; Spider Headbands
- cooking: Funny Face Sandwiches; Family-Style Vegetable Soup; Friendship Bracelets; Graham Cracker House; Spider Snacks
- story comprehension, language, and math activity pages that are engaging and offer essential skills practice
- learning centers: Using My Senses; Twins in the Family; What Are We Playing?; Everything Has a Place; Good Bug Dominoes; Flies for Lunch
- outdoor: Exercise Makes a Healthy Me; Mother May I?; Watch Us Move; Relay Races; What Time Is It?
- music/dramatic play: "Sing Along Body Song"; "You Are My Family"; Playing House; "Friends Sing-Along" Finger Play; "This Is the Way I…"
- alphabet cards: charmingly illustrated, full-color, theme-based, upper- and lowercase alphabet cards