EMC Number: 2406i
Page Count: 208
All About My Body is the ultimate resource for teaching children about their body and for practicing important language and math skills that help children make cross-curricular connections. This wonderfully illustrated thematic unit has an easy-to-use format that makes it a must-have!
The five “My Body” themes explored are:
- My Body Parts
- My Five Senses
- I Grow and Change
- Taking Care of My Body
- Keeping My Body Safe
The five sections in this book are overflowing with fun stories and activities such as:
- storybooks: "My Body"; "A Surprise for Miguel"; "I Grow and Change"; "Healthy and Strong"; "It Keeps Me Safe"
- full-color storyboard pieces that make it easy and fun to review concepts while you re-tell the story
- art projects: My Portrait; Texture Collage; Picture Me; I Take Good Care of Myself; Walk, Don’t Run
- cooking: Popping Popcorn; Gingerbread Children; Vegetable Bits; Healthy Snack Kabobs; Fruit Salad; Traffic Light Cookies
- story comprehension, language, and math activity pages that are engaging and offer essential skills practice
- learning centers: Body Puzzles; Match the Sounds; Sequencing Puzzles; See What I Can Do!; Safety Riddles
- outdoor: Let’s Play Looby Loo; A “Listen and Look” Walk; Relay Race; Exercise Time; Red Light, Green Light
- music/dramatic play: "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"; Popcorn Rap; "I Am Changing as I’m Growing"; "Early in the Morning"; "To Keep My Body Strong"; Stop! Look! Listen!
- alphabet cards: charmingly illustrated, full-color, theme-based, upper- and lowercase alphabet cards