EMC Number: 2405i
Page Count: 208
All About Insects is the ultimate resource for teaching children about insects and for practicing important language and math skills that help children make cross-curricular connections. This wonderfully illustrated thematic unit has an easy-to-use format that makes it a must-have!
The five insect themes explored are:
- What Is an Insect?
- About Insects
- Insect Life Cycles
- Insect Helpers
- A Spider Is Not an Insect!
The five sections in this book are overflowing with fun stories and activities such as:
- storybooks: "Bug Jars"; "Insects"; "Egg, Caterpillar, Butterfly"; "Good Bugs!";
"What Is It?"
- full-color storyboard pieces that make it easy and fun to review concepts while you re-tell the story
- art projects: Baker’s Clay Bugs; Let’s Paint BIG Insects; Spotted Butterfly on a String; Busy Bees; Spider Headbands
- cooking: Ladybug Cookies; Five Ants on a Log; Butterfly Sandwiches; A Taste of Honey; Spider Snacks
- story comprehension, language, and math activity pages that are engaging and offer essential skills practice
- learning centers: Insect Puzzles; Make a Match; Caterpillar; Good Bug Dominoes; Flies for Lunch
- outdoor: Bugs in Jars; Following the Insect; Relay Races; Flower, Flower, Honeybee; “Catch the Fly” Tag
- music/dramatic play: "Five Little Insects"; "Every Insect"; Insect Play—Watch Me Move; Fluttery Butterfly; Where Are the Bees?, Little Miss Muffet
- alphabet cards: charmingly illustrated, full-color, theme-based, upper- and lowercase alphabet cards