All About Animals Around the World is the ultimate resource for teaching children about different types of animals and the habitats in which they live. The activities practice important language and math skills that help children make cross-curricular connections. This wonderfully illustrated thematic unit has an easy-to-use format that makes it a must-have!
The five Animals Around the World themes explored are:
- Animals of the Savanna
- Animals of the Forest
- Animals of the Desert
- Animals of the Arctic Tundra
- Animals of the Rainforest
The five sections in this book are overflowing with fun stories and activities such as:
- storybooks: "Animals of the Savanna"; "Animals of the Forest"; "Animals of the Desert"; "Animals of the Arctic Tundra"; "Animals of the Rainforest"
- full-color storyboard pieces that make it easy and fun to review concepts while you re-tell the story
- art projects: Paper Bag Giraffe; Beary Hungry; Desert Collage; Cornstarch Clay Walrus; Monkey Headbands
- cooking: Camouflage Cookies; Robin’s Nest; Snake Sticks; Arctic Hare Cookies; Banana Dogs
- story comprehension, language, and math activity pages that are engaging and offer essential skills practice
- learning centers: Savanna Animal Match; Forest Animal Puzzles; Patterning Snakes; Animals Magnified; Hungry Anteater
- outdoor: Savanna Relay; Bear, Bear, Bee!; Roadrunner Races; Catch the Hare; Walking Through the Rainforest
- music/dramatic play: "Going to the Savanna"; "Big Bear"; "Five Little Bears"; "All the Bobcats"; "Down in the Desert"; "Five Snowy Owls"; "The Rainforest Song"
- alphabet cards: charmingly illustrated, full-color, theme-based, upper- and lowercase alphabet cards