Shop by Topic
Shop by GradeShop by Topic
- Teacher Resources
- Social Studies
Shop by GradeShop by Topic
- Reading Foundations
- Daily Practice
- Interactive Lessons
- Interactive Games
- Homeschool Curriculum
Using the commenting tools you can add notes or comments to an enhanced e-book (but not a standard e-book).
In order to access the commenting tools for an enhanced e-book simply select Show Comment & Markup Toolbar from the Comments menu.
From this toolbar you will have access to a variety of tools:
Sticky Note/Note Tool:
The Sticky Note or Note tool allows you to add collapsible notes to any area of an enhanced e-book.
The Text Edits tool allows you to type comments or notes directly into the running text of your enhanced e-book. Text edits let the reader of an enhanced e-book know where content should be inserted, deleted, or replaced.
Inserting Text: To mark a place where text should be inserted, click between the words or characters where you would like to add text. Then begin typing. An insertion caret will appear in your enhanced e-book. To view your addition, click on the caret and your insertion will show up as a pop-up note.
Deleting Text: To mark a spot where text should be deleted, highlight the text you'd like to delete, then press Backspace or Delete on your keyboard. The text you highlighted will be marked with a red strike-through line to indicate that it should be deleted.
Replacing Text: To mark a spot where text should be replaced, highlight the text you'd like to replace, then begin typing. The text you highlighted will be marked with a red strike-through line and a caret with your new text will appear.
Stamp Tool: The Stamp tool allows you to "stamp" a document with a standard Adobe Reader stamp (such as Approved, Final, Draft, etc.) or choose from any image on your computer to create your own stamp.
Highlight Text Tool: The Highlight Text tool allows you to highlight any text in your enhanced e-book that is not part of an image.
Attach Tool: The Attach tool allows you to attach any document/file or an audio clip to an enhanced e-book so that it shows up as a comment.
To attach a file to an enhanced e-book follow these steps:
- From the Tools menu select Comment & Markup/Attach a File as Comment.
- Click on the area in your enhanced e-book where you'd like to attach a file. Once you click on an area, a File Attachment window will appear.
- Locate the file you would like to attach and click Select.
- Choose the icon you would like your attachment to appear as and click OK.
To attach an audio clip to an enhanced e-book:
- From the Tools menu select Comment & Markup/Record Audio Comment.
- Click on the area in your enhanced e-book where you'd like to attach the audio clip. Once you click on an area, the default sound recorder for your computer will appear.
- Record your audio clip and click OK.
- Choose the icon you would like your audio clip to appear as and click OK.
Copyright © 2018, Evan-Moor Corporation. All rights reserved.
Version 1.5.215. Powered by nopCommerce