Shop by Topic
Shop by GradeShop by Topic
- Teacher Resources
- Social Studies
Shop by GradeShop by Topic
- Reading Foundations
- Daily Practice
- Common Core
EMC Number: 3733
Page Count: 128
Common Core Top Pick for Reading Literature and Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- Range of Reading and level of Text Complexity
View all Common Core Top Picks for Reading Literature and Informational Text
Develop geography literacy while learning about the unique characteristics of Australia and Oceania!
The 7 Continents: Australia and Oceania helps students learn about Australia and Oceania through engaging reading and writing activities.
Five geography units cover the following standards-based topics:
Section 1: Australia and Oceania in the World
Introduces students to the location of Australia and Oceania in the world.
- Australia and Oceania's Relative Location
- Australia and Oceania's Hemispheres
- Australia and Oceania's Absolute Location
- Using a Projection Map
Section 2: Political Divisions of Australia and Oceania
Introduces students to the four regions and 14 countries of Australia and Oceania.
- Population of Australia and Oceania
- Countries of Australia and Oceania
- Largest Countries by Area
- Smallest Countries by Area
- Largest Countries by Population
- Dependent Territories
- Capital Cities
Section 3: Physical Features of Australia and Oceania
Students learn about the landforms and bodies of water of Australia and Oceania.
- Landscapes of Australia and Oceania
- Mountain Ranges
- Deserts of Australia
- Islands of Oceania
- The Great Barrier Reef
- Bodies of Water
- Australia's Lakes
- Australia's Rivers
- New Zealand's Fjords
Section 4: Valuable Resources of Australia and Oceania
Students learn about the various natural resources of Australia and Oceania.
- Coal in Australia
- Hydroelectricity in New Zealand
- Mining Metals and Minerals
- Agriculture in Australia
- Sheep Farming
- Fishing in Oceania
- Oceania Tourism
- Unique Wildlife
Section 5: Australina and Oceanian Culture
Introduces students to the beliefs and traditions of the people of Australia and Oceania.
- Australia and Oceania's Tourist Attractions
- Arts and Entertainment in Australia and Oceania
- Major Religions of Australia and Oceania
- Native Cultures of Australia and Oceania
- Australian and Oceanian Cuisine
- Celebrations of Australia and Oceania
At Evan-Moor, we strive to produce educational materials that are aligned with current standards and best educational practices—and with student interests and motivations. We pride ourselves on our ability to create products that not only build and reinforce basic and complex skills, but that develop a curiosity about the subjects in which those skills are taught.Learn More
Copyright © 2017, Evan-Moor Corporation. All rights reserved.