Shop by Topic
Shop by GradeShop by Topic
- Teacher Resources
- Social Studies
Shop by GradeShop by Topic
- Reading Foundations
- Daily Practice
- Common Core
EMC Number: 582
Page Count: 136
EAN: 9781557996589View Common Core State Standards Correlations and TEKS Correlations (click to download).
With Daily Language Review, students practice language skills covering punctuation, verb tense, conjunctions, word meaning, and more in ten- to fifteen-minute daily lessons.
How it works
Daily Language Review follows the research-based model of frequent, focused practice to help students learn and retain skills.
On days 1 through 4, half-page activities provide four language exercises:
- two sentence-editing exercises
- two items that practice a variety of language and vocabulary skills
On day 5, a full-page activity provides a more extensive practice of a vocabulary strategy or skill, and gives students the opportunity to practice using the words in their own sentences.
36 weeks of daily practice activities cover:
- Grammar and usage
- Capitalization, punctuation, and spelling
- Vocabulary word meaning and relationships
- Using acquired vocabulary
Features and benefits:
- Concise daily lessons are easy to scaffold and ideal for daily warm-up, quick informal assessments, and test prep
- The skills scope and sequence details the skills practiced each week
- A downloadable skill list and answer key provides an item-by-item list of the skills practiced each day to help teachers identify student competencies
- Each title includes downloadable home–school connection activities to encourage parent involvement
- A progress chart and vocabulary log help students monitor their daily scores and keep track of new vocabulary
Better Together! Pair it with the complementary hands-on practice in Take It to Your Seat: Language Centers.
The purpose of this paper is to provide evidence from research studies that support frequent, focused practice as an effective strategy for teaching elementary school children language arts skills. This paper explores Daily Language Review in context of the research: “frequent, focused practice leads to mastery and retention of the skills practiced.”
At Evan-Moor, we strive to produce educational materials that are aligned with current standards and best educational practices—and with student interests and motivations. We pride ourselves on our ability to create products that not only build and reinforce basic and complex skills, but that develop a curiosity about the subjects in which those skills are taught.Learn More
Copyright © 2017, Evan-Moor Corporation. All rights reserved.