History Pockets-Native Americans, Grades 1–3, contains nine memorable discovery pockets. The introduction pocket gives an overview of the tribes in North America that are featured. The other pockets focus on food, clothing, shelter, and family life of eight Native American tribes.
Each of the pockets contains:
- a reproducible pocket label
- three dictionary words and pictures, plus a shelter stamp
- a fact sheet of background information for the teacher
- a reproducible students information booklet complete with illustrations
- arts and crafts projects
- writing activities
Evaluation forms are provided at the end of the book to give students a chance to reflect on all they have learned.
The book includes the following pockets:
- Introduction to Native Americans
- The Inuit of the Arctic
- The Tlingit of the Northwest
- The Nez Perce of the Plateau
- The Maidu of California
- The Sioux of the Plains
- The Navajo of the Southwest
- The Iroquois of the Northeast
- The Seminole of the Southeast
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.