Even during the carefree months of summer, children can be preparing for the next grade with Daily Summer Activities. It’s packed with engaging activities that will build learners’ confidence for the next grade level by practicing essential skills. Activities offer practice of essential skills across subject areas, including reading, math, writing, spelling, and geography.
With just one or two activities per day over a 10-week period, Daily Summer Activities helps to keep skills sharp without getting in the way of vacation time.
Recipient of the 2020 Parents’ Picks Award for Best Educational Products for Preschool and Elementary Kids, the Daily Summer Activities series provides fun skill practice to help children discover a love of learning and reach their educational goals.
Daily Summer Activities reflects grade-level expectations and includes open-ended questions to develop your child’s critical thinking skills.
Each week includes:
• 2 fiction or nonfiction reading passages with 4 comprehension questions
• 12 spelling words
• 2 activities practicing a variety of grammar and usage skills
• 1 sentence-editing activity to correct capitalization, punctuation, and other errors
• 1 vocabulary activity practicing skills such as compound words, word parts, synonyms, and homographs
• 3 math activities practicing skills such as word problems, fractions, decimals, and measurement
• 1 geography activity testing basic map-reading skills and concepts
• 2 creative writing exercises
• 1 critical thinking activity
• record form to jot down memorable moments and keep a reading log
Need additional summer learning activities? These books enhance the skill practice found in Daily Summer Activities:
• To focus on essential math, spelling, and writing skills, use the Skill Sharpeners Math and Spelling Bundle. Your child will practice and review important skills in a fun format!
• For a comprehensive review of all subject areas, use Top Student jumbo activity books. The colorful and interesting activities will help to reinforce the skills and concepts that your child needs to know for the next grade level.
Attention Schools: get a discount on your order of 10 or more Daily Summer Activities books! Learn about our school special here.
Read about the research and benefits of Daily Summer Activities to help learning recovery and support successful summer learning. Learn more here.
The switch from elementary school to middle school is often more stressful for students and parents than heading to high school. ...Read more >>