Even during the carefree months of summer, children can be preparing for the next grade with Daily Summer Activities. It’s packed with engaging activities that will build learners’ confidence for the next grade level by practicing essential skills. Activities offer practice of essential skills across subject areas, including reading, math, writing, spelling, and geography.
With just one or two activities per day over a 10-week period, Daily Summer Activities helps to keep skills sharp without getting in the way of vacation time.
Recipient of the 2020 Parents’ Picks Award for Best Educational Products for Preschool and Elementary Kids, the Daily Summer Activities series provides fun skill practice to help children discover a love of learning and reach their educational goals.
Daily Summer Activities workbooks also include delightful artwork and reward stickers.
10 weeks of instruction cover the following skills:
Language arts practice:
• a fiction and a nonfiction story with comprehension questions each week
• sentences to correct for capitalization punctuation, and grammar
• 8 to 10 spelling words to learn each week
• manuscript handwriting practice
• creative writing activities
• addition and subtraction facts
• word problems
• two- and three-digit addition and subtraction with and without borrowing and carrying
• multiplication facts to 25
• practice cards for addition and subtraction facts from 10 to 18
Language skills such as:
• alphabetical order
• nouns and verbs
• synonyms and antonyms
• vowel sounds
• parts of sentences
• map symbols
• reading simple maps
Need additional summer learning activities? These books enhance the skill practice found in Daily Summer Activities:
• To focus on essential math, spelling, and writing skills, use the Skill Sharpeners Math and Spelling Bundle. Your child will practice and review important skills in a fun format!
• For a comprehensive review of all subject areas, use Top Student jumbo activity books. The colorful and interesting activities will help to reinforce the skills and concepts that your child needs to know for the next grade level.
Attention Schools: get a discount on your order of 10 or more Daily Summer Activities books! Learn about our school special here.
Read about the research and benefits of Daily Summer Activities to help learning recovery and support successful summer learning. Learn more here.
Don’t let the summer slide affect your soon-to-be second grader. ...Read more >>