Daily Geography Practice is aligned to National Geography Standards and the six essential elements of geography:
- The world in spatial terms
- Places and regions
- Physical systems
- Human systems
- Environment and society
- Uses of geography
How it works
Monday–Friday: There are two geography questions for each day of the week, and the questions progress in difficulty from Monday to Friday. Each week includes a challenge question at the end of the unit.
Grade 6 Daily Geography includes 36 weekly units, and each weekly unit includes:
- A teacher page with unit overview and answer key.
- A Vocabulary list to highlight key geography terms.
- A map page that emphasizes the geography skills for the week.
- Question pages with two geography questions for each day of the week, plus a weekly challenge question.
Bonus! A 10-page reproducible geography glossary is included for students to use as an easy reference booklet throughout the year.
The geography skills presented at grade 6 include:
- compass roses
- map legends
- map grids and coordinates
- map scales
- physical country and continent maps
- regional maps
- road and tourist maps
- historical and cultural landmark maps
- population and product maps
- climate and time zone maps
- land use, product, and resource maps
- political country and world maps
“I love the format of this series! It is so teacher friendly, and the kids love that it is quick and easy to follow. They also like the weekly challenge questions. The children are picking up the necessary skills in just a few minutes a day, which is easy to fit into a busy schedule.” Melissa